Job Title: Administrator
Name of Organisation: London Sustainability Exchange
Location: 84 Long Lane, London SE1 4AU
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Salary: £20,089 pro rata to 3 days per week (£12,053)
Working Hours: 22.5 hours per week. The pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs and generally work will be carried out during normal office hours
Contract: This is a permanent contract.
Holiday: 15 days per annum, plus statutory holidays. There is no carry over entitlement
The post holder is responsible for proactively delivering administrative and finance support to London Sustainability Exchange, including personal assistant support to the Chief Executive, administration support to the LSx team and Board, HR administration of interns, and some basic book-keeping. This includes liaison with senior people from London’s public, private and voluntary sectors.
The post holder is expected to be an active member of the LSx team, contributing to positive working relationships and team development as needed.
• Administrative and personal assistant experience.
• Proven track record of working successfully in complex organisations
• Educated to degree-level or at least substantial experience of relevant operational management, business, commercial, and financial experience.
• Competent in understanding, and reporting financial and management information.
• Highly proficient in the use of information and communications technology (ICT) including Microsoft Office and paper based administrative systems.
• Systematic, meticulous and quick worker; highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and consistently to a high standard
• Able to use initiative, be self-motivating, flexible, innovative and a good team worker.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, together with a positive, warm and flexible approach. Persuasive, discreet and able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, including high profile partners in the private and public sectors and senior representatives of London organisations.
• High standard of numeracy, with some experience of accounts and financial management.
• Commitment to LSx’s policies on equal opportunities, environmental management, values, health and safety.
• Some knowledge of, and a personal commitment to, sustainable development
• Entitled to work permanently in the UK (As a small voluntary organisation, London Sustainability Exchange is regretfully not able to assist with applications for work permits)
• Prior knowledge of accounting software (Xero or similar)
For full details of the role specification and of how to apply please see the documents for download below.
Please note we do not accept CVs and any applicant submitting only a CV will not be reviewed.