These volunteering opportunities provide general support to the Projects team for our project portfolio, supporting the delivery of a range of environmental and health and well-being behaviour change projects. Key elements of the roles will include project management support, monitoring and evaluation as well as supporting the delivery of our events programme and researching and writing resources for our website (http://www.lsx.org.uk/index.aspx).
Though opportunities will not be limited just to these subjects – all Projects volunteering opportunities will provide general support to the Projects team, including support in delivering London Sustainability Exchange’s work on Faith and Water, Cleaner Air, and new projects on waste reduction and energy.
Activities may include:
- Assisting with project management, delivery and evaluation of transformative change to sustainable lifestyles amongst diverse communities across London
- Assisting with the development and dissemination of a combination of communication material and resources
- Assisting with research into sustainability issues in London
- Assisting in the development and delivery of project resources and activities
- Assist with development and delivery of projects, including researching relevant resources and preparing materials for inclusion in fundraising bids and project reports.
- Support delivery of LSx’s comprehensive events programme, including coordination, preparing materials and delivery on the day
- Supporting local partner project management and evaluation, attending meetings and monitoring progress
- Helping to conduct research and preparing written material which demonstrates a range of tools and techniques to encourage more environmentally sustainable behaviour for publication on the LSx website and other media.
- Help to deliver LSx's external core communications programme including bi-monthly bulletins and press work
- Attending seminars and events and feeding back to team
- Other activities may be reasonably required.
Equal opportunities form
We review our available pool of volunteer applications roughly every three months, so please send prospective completed application and equal opportunities forms with details of when, which days of the week and how long you are available to Alex Hale at email@example.com
This role is offered for 3 days per week, for at least 12 weeks from your starting date.