This volunteering opportunity will provide support to the growing Cleaner Air 4 Schools programme, and other opportunities in air quality.
London Sustainability Exchange’s Cleaner Air 4 Schools project was initially launched to support Transport for London’s Clean Air Fund. The pilot project engaged three schools from Marylebone, one of London’s top air pollution hotspots, with the aim of improving confidence, knowledge and skills of parents, teachers, pupils and school governors, helping them understand the importance of air quality, the main causes of pollution and actions that can be taken to tackle this problem. Together with Network Rail and Manor House Development Trust this has now been expanded to include three schools in Islington and three schools in Hackney and Haringey, with future plans to deliver the project in other schools around London.
We are seeking a Air Quality volunteer who can help to support our growing programme. This opportunity would suit someone that has interest and experience of delivering behaviour change initiatives with school communities, and/ord interest in air quality. Experience with monitoring and measurement of air quality is not essential.
Activities may include:
• Assisting with project management, delivery and evaluation of the Cleaner Air 4 Schools programme amongst diverse school communities across London
• Assisting with the development and dissemination of a combination of communication material and resources
• Assisting with research into sustainability issues in London
• Assisting in the development and delivery of project resources and activities
• Assist with development and delivery of projects, including researching relevant resources and preparing materials for inclusion in fundraising bids and project reports.
• Support delivery of LSx’s comprehensive events programme, including coordination, preparing materials and delivery on the day
• Supporting local partner project management and evaluation, attending meetings and monitoring progress
• Helping to conduct research and preparing written material which demonstrates a range of tools and techniques to encourage more environmentally sustainable behaviour for publication on the LSx website and other media.
• Help to deliver LSx's external core communications programme including bi-monthly bulletins and press work
• Attending seminars and events and feeding back to team
• Other activities may be reasonably required.
Equal opportunities form
Description of Opportunity
We review our available pool of intern applications roughly every 3 months, so please send prospective completed application and equal opportunities forms with details of when, which days of the week and how long you are available to Rosanna Geary firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is offered for 3 days per week, for at least 12 weeks from your starting date.